DAC 6 in Benelux: The Challenges of an Inconsistent Implementation
On behalf of the Netherlands, Ineke speaks at the Webinar organized on 18 June 2020 by STEP Benelux on the challenges of an inconsistent implementation of the DAC 6 Directive on Mandatory Disclosure.
With DAC 6 implementing legislation now in place across Benelux and reporting deadlines fast approaching, it is time to turn to local regulator and industry guidance, where it exists, and to prepare in earnest for the practical challenges of identifying and reporting both past and future arrangements. However, inconsistencies and ambiguities remain.
Among the topics that will be addressed are:
- Interpretation of the rules and available guidance
- Timing and sanctions
- Arrangements in place before 25 June 2018
- Practical application of the main benefit test
- Treatment of life insurance products and other structures
- Scope of legal professional privilege
- Impact on self-employed persons (intermediaries?)
- Interplay between branches and head offices
- (Managing) risk of multiple reporting
Prof. Linda Brosens – Of Counsel, Loyens & Loeff, Belgium
Andrew Knight – Managing Partner, Harneys Luxembourg
Dr. Ineke Koele - Managing Partner, Koele Tax & Legal Perspecta, Netherlands